- Get top hats added to the official prison uniform.
- Renew friendship with Paul Manafort.
- Publish cellmate’s pornographic emails.
- Get a prison tattoo of Trump’s face on my chest and freshen up Nixon tattoo on my back.
- Declare myself a hydra.
- Open a tailoring business for bespoke orange jumpsuits.
- Deny having anything to do with the release of cellmate’s pornographic emails.
- Threaten a fellow inmate with certain death and then pontificate for 45 minutes about how all death is certain.
- Take credit for deadly shiv attack at another prison.
- Become the biggest and baddest dirty trickster on the whole damn cellblock.
THE PAST IS NEVER is the winner of the Willie Morris Award for Southern Fiction, the Janet Heidinger Kafka Prize, the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters Award for Fiction, and the Mississippi Author Award for Adult Fiction (selected by the Mississippi Library Association). This southern gothic novel steeped in local lore was selected as an "Okra Pick" by the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance. Tyson's debut novel THREE RIVERS was a finalist for both the Colorado Book Award for Literary Fiction and the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters Award for Fiction. She was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi and now lives, writes, and teaches in Denver, Colorado.
Latest posts by Tiffany Quay Tyson (see all)
- Mitch McConnell is Squatting on the Scales of Justice - December 6, 2019
- The War on Thanksgiving - November 27, 2019
- Squirrel! - November 21, 2019